RadioDaddy.com: Radio Daddy Idol Judge Needed! - RadioDaddy.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Radio Daddy Idol Judge Needed!

#1 Guest_SoundLizard_*

• Group: Guests

Posted February 19, 2010 - 1:21 AM

Ok, guys, the RD idol adventure is about to begin. this is how its gonna happen.....
anyone can submit an audition to the contest. read must be dry. auditions must be between 60 seconds and 3 minutes. once submitted, the judges will evaluate them, critique them, and choose the ones to be pushed onto the next round.
once the finalists go through, we will post their reads with a poll, where anyone on RD can vote on them. the winner of the season, which will last for 3 months, gets the one and only title of the radio daddy idol, which gives you all the benefits of a paying member. you will be crowned the champion for the season. however, you must defend your title in the next season. there can be only one. below this post will be a mock account with the idol emblem and title. once the first winner is chosen, the mock account will be disabled. it was created simply to show what the title looks like.
that being said, we need a guest judge for season 1! ray and i are 2 of the 3 judges. each season we will take a third judge to the tables with us. here's what you need to qualify.....
must be able to log in at least 3 times a week to judge the contestants.
must be a voice pro or production pro
must be able to offer honest critiques and comments

so, opening day is march first, with the winner crowned on april first, provided we get a judge in time.
season 1 will be a bit bumpy, so everyone please bear with us. we will work out the bugs as we go.
this is all in fun. judges will be harsh, and you may not like what they have to say. if you dont take criticism well and cat take the occassional joke, don't enter the contest. (picture being in front of simon cowell)
as a judge, you will have moderation profelages of the idol forum for as long as youre a judge. we are going to attempt to get a new judge every season, so as to give everyone a chance to participate.
if you are interested in being a judge, please reply to this thread. remember, you must be a voice pro or production pro to be a judge! when replying, please include how many hours a week you can offer, why you think you would be a good judge, and any other information about yourself that you might find useful for us.

thanks to all, and good luck!

#2 User is offline   Dutchtraveller 

• Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Voice Over Talent
  • Call Letters:Don't think about it, just do it!

Posted February 19, 2010 - 7:45 AM

The competition sounds like a lot of fun! There are so many amazing voices here on this forum. But hell.. I'm going to see if I can come up with something nice to join the race.

Great stuff!

#3 User is offline   StudioVoice 

• Junkie
  • Group: VoicePro
  • Call Letters:SpectrumSoundStudios.com

Posted February 19, 2010 - 7:46 AM

Sounds like FUN! I'd be happy to help out!

Gary

#4 User is offline   FirstActsAudio 

• All Around Media Pro - radio-tv-print
  • Class:Licensed Broadcast Station

Posted February 19, 2010 - 8:30 AM

I, too, would be more willing to be a judge than a contestant - but you sure can't go wrong with Gary. In fact, can I vote for him to be judge? I think he'd provide the perfect blend of encouragement with constructive ways to improve. OK, I talked myself out of it. I'll be the guy at home watching the contest. lol

#5 User is offline   RadioDanny 

• Admin
  • Group: Administrators
  • Class:Internet Station

Posted February 19, 2010 - 12:35 PM

OK.. Bruce, Let the fun begin

Judges are ready to rock and roll.

#6 Guest_SoundLizard_*

• Group: Guests

Posted February 19, 2010 - 12:43 PM

yuppers! ill get the fine details worked out, and opening day starts on the first of the month. makes it easier for everyone to keep track of the seasons. auditions will begin on march 1st, and will run through the 15th. we will then close the auditions thread and send the winners on to round 2, where all of RD can vote on them. at the end of the third week of the month, the top 5 will move on to the final round, where everyone will be able to vote one last time and the wiinner will be crowned. winner will hold the title for 3 months. new contest will start 2 months after the winner is crowned and the current idol will hold onto the title until the end of the third month, where the new idol till take over the title... unless, of course, they are able to defend it.
i will post a full list of rules and how this will work within the next few days, and open a thread for auditions on march 1st. studio voice will be the third "guest" judge for season one. as stated previously, a new guest judge will be chosen for each season.
good luck to all, and may the best voice win!

#7 User is offline   OurVoiceoverGuy 

• The Voice of Truth Thats Fresh and clean as a whistle-
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Call Letters:The Signature Sound of Smooth Small Talk

Posted February 19, 2010 - 6:20 PM

Would be great to get an account of who will be entering SO......if you intend on participating, just give a quick response that you are interested. This way we can get a feel for how much Judging time we'll be doing. Bruce maybe we can patch in with the 3rd judge and review them together. I can set time aside to do that.

This should be fun, SO WHO'S IN???

Ray "Randy" Dog LOL

#8 User is offline   Dutchtraveller 

• Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Call Letters:Don't think about it, just do it!

Posted February 22, 2010 - 3:45 AM

Come on people, I cannot be the only one entering this competition..

It's an awesome RD initiative and let's be honest.. how cool is it to get an RD Idol account right?? :mf_bluesbrother:

#9 User is offline   StudioVoice 

• Junkie
  • Call Letters:SpectrumSoundStudios.com

Posted February 22, 2010 - 2:40 PM

View PostFirstActsAudio, on Feb 19 2010, 10:29 AM, said:

I, too, would be more willing to be a judge than a contestant - but you sure can't go wrong with Gary. In fact, can I vote for him to be judge? I think he'd provide the perfect blend of encouragement with constructive ways to improve. OK, I talked myself out of it. I'll be the guy at home watching the contest. lol

I miss you Glenn - LOL

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse