Radio Daddy's Copywriting - Part 6 Conversational Scripts & Character Voices

#1 User is offline   TheFiend 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Licensed Broadcast Station
  • Call Letters:Coast FM & 1116 6MM

Posted October 28, 2010 - 7:16 PM

Hi again everyone - here is this weeks part of the RADIO DADDY COPYWRITING - PART 6 -

It's all about the do's and don'ts of writing conversational scripts - and - using character voices.

The course part is 5 pages long and there is also a supplemental work sheet from James R Alburger.
His book, The Art of Voice Acting is a fantastic read for all vocal talent and I canít stress enough how
vital this type of guidance is to all vocal talent, even if you are not doing character voices.

Again, if you have any questions to ask of me, post them below and I will answer them as soon as I log on again.

Next time we cover asking questions in your scripts.

So until then - have a great day and don't work too hard. :mf_aussie:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by TheFiend: October 29, 2010 - 12:21 AM

#2 User is offline   TheFiend 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 29, 2010 - 12:26 AM

Apparently the PDFs weren't working in the last post - so I have fixed those and these - all should be good now - please let me know if you have any problems with them.

#3 User is offline   MarieK 

• Junkie
  • Group: Lead Moderators
  • Class:Voice Over Talent

Posted October 29, 2010 - 3:40 AM

That's odd, I read them fine before, but anyway....I really liked Part 6!

I was worried when I got into this that I didn't know how to do anything special in terms of special voices...
however i have stretched my limits by doing a witch (some say i am one lolol), a Chinese accent, Russian accent, and German accent....so I know I can if I try to change up my voice...and THIS was a great help...I will definitely look at that book!
Thanks!

View PostTheFiend, on Oct 29 2010, 03:25 AM, said:

Apparently the PDFs weren't working in the last post - so I have fixed those and these - all should be good now - please let me know if you have any problems with them.

#4 User is offline   TheFiend 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted October 31, 2010 - 10:30 PM

View PostMarieK, on Oct 29 2010, 06:39 PM, said:

That's odd, I read them fine before, but anyway....I really liked Part 6!

I was worried when I got into this that I didn't know how to do anything special in terms of special voices...
however i have stretched my limits by doing a witch (some say i am one lolol), a Chinese accent, Russian accent, and German accent....so I know I can if I try to change up my voice...and THIS was a great help...I will definitely look at that book!
Thanks!

Thanks Marie - apparantly it was a minor error which made russian characters appear in a couple of places - instead of english.

Thanks for the comments too - By trying different accents on - you will find all types of things about your voice that you never knew before, I find I can keep up an accented voice - but only if I am sitting down - if I stand my voice starts to strain and I can't hit the inflection correctly. Writing for character voices is by far the hardest thing to do - unless you know that character actor doing the role.

One of the best things I can suggest to learn an accent - is to watch old James Bond films - Russian, Chinese, German (etc) all of the villains are very stereotypical, and they are fairly easy to copy too. I also find that a catch phrase of a particular accent will help me to get back into the character if I start to drift out of it (eg: Irish : fiddly dee potatoes) that always brings me back on course.

This post has been edited by TheFiend: October 31, 2010 - 10:32 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse