• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Disappointment

#1 User is offline   CFMNathan 

• Active Poster
  • Group: VoicePro
  • Class:Licensed Broadcast Station

Posted November 25, 2010 - 4:29 PM

:sad: It is with greatest regret and sadness that I have to share my disappointment with regard to my recent experiences on Radio Daddy. It has been some many weeks that I had been counting down my 90 day period before I was able to request voice pro. During that time I completed many free projects for people on this site which in turn saw my rep increase quickly.

On the 18th of October (the first day that I was able to) I requested voice pro status. My topic was closed as I was told that other members would have to vote.
I waited two weeks without any return communication, I emailed a moderator who never responded, I emailed another moderator (Sound Lizard) who said that voting was complete and it was a positive result and that he would email an admin. I waited another 2 weeks and had to email a moderator, and again never heard anything backÖ Several emails later and several more weeks waiting with no communication Iíve STILL not heard anything back.
I appreciate that everyone on this website is a volunteer and it is a free service, but service should still remain professional and I canít believe the poor levels of communication that Iíve received.

#2 User is offline   StudioVoice 

• Junkie
  • Class:Voice Over Talent
  • Call Letters:SpectrumSoundStudios.com

Posted November 25, 2010 - 5:24 PM

Sorry to hear you are disappointed.

I looked at the voting and it appears that 2 VoicePros voted yes - although the criteria has not been met as far as I can tell.

"There are some conditions you must meet before you can be considered:
You must be in the voice over business
You must have a website advertising your services
The website must list your demos and prices (must be a REAL website, not a parking lot page with a :15 second demo you put together 10 minutes ago) Must be a REAL demo. Make sure it showcases you and your range.
You must have been a member of Radio Daddy for at least 90 days
You must have posted or answered at least 30 requests (we need to know that you will be here to help other members with your voice, productions, or your knowledge.)
Your rep must be at least 15 or higher"

You have been here > 90 days, Your Rep Score is > 15, But I don't see a website advertising your services, so I can't verify that you are really in the Voiceover business.

None the less - those reasons are not why I didn't vote - I didn't vote simply because I wasn't here when your ballot was open.

My feedback is this: Your demo is full of PLOSIVE and although I acknowledge your British heritage, the sound of "th" should be Thhhhhh and not phhhh...

I don't mean to be critical, but I thought some honest constructive feedback would be helpful.

I am not sure WHY your ballot has not been acknowledged - but I am sure one of the ADMINs will respond to your personally!

Best regards,

StudioVoice - Gary

#3 User is offline   CFMNathan 

• Active Poster

Posted November 25, 2010 - 5:46 PM

Thanks for your reply Gary.

Rest assured I've been in the industry a fair few years and I do indeed have a very well established website which is www.nathanhill.co.uk (it does appear that this link has been removed off my footer for some reason)

Thanks again.

#4 User is offline   CFMNathan 

• Active Poster

Posted December 07, 2010 - 5:45 AM

IM ABSOLUTLY DUBFOUNDED!!!
STILL NO RESPONCE.

Since my last post on here I've...
- Been referred to another website where I had to create a support ticket 29th Nov... No response.
- PM'd various Mods and Admins... No response.

I'm really beginning to think that no one on Radio Daddy cares about its forum members, will any mod or admin care to take the steps to rectify this, or just continue to ignore it???

Since this has been ignored, my reputation has continued to rise and I just wonder what is the point, after all this free work and time invested can't be recognised by Radio Daddy just to raise my account to Voice Pro.

#5 User is offline   Pottsie 

• The Voice Of Insanity
  • Group: Administrators
  • Class:Voice Over Talent
  • Call Letters:The Voice You HEAR!

Posted December 07, 2010 - 5:57 AM

I went back through my messages to August and I do not have one message from you, so your complaints about administrators not responding to your messages are incorrect. I administer this site and have for quite some time. You should have contacted ME. Danny is the owner, AVS is the designer...I am responding to your posts now as this is the first I've heard about this.

Trying very hard to not sound like an Ass but I will anyway...you've now broken a rule by questioning mods and admins publicly and therefore your request for voice pro status is denied at this time. Had you contacted me personally through PM I would have addressed the situation right away...since you thought it best to publicly complain about people who VOLUNTEER their time and owe you nothing I feel it is only right to back them.

Good Day, sir.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse