• You cannot reply to this topic

New For 2011 New Podcast from RD!!!

#1 User is offline   Pottsie 

• The Voice Of Insanity
  • Group: Administrators
  • Class:Voice Over Talent
  • Call Letters:The Voice You HEAR!

Posted January 08, 2011 - 1:07 PM

Yes thats right the new OFFICIAL Radio Daddy Podcast has started again, this is the first one and it is short and sweet.

Give it a listen for some RD news and to find out how you can be part of the NEW RD Podcast...

Attached File  RDPODCASTone__A_.mp3 (4.3MB)
Number of downloads: 97
Download Advertising By Adf.ly - Elite Members don't have to view these ads!
Please use caution when clicking on advertiser links. To download your file, click Skip at the top right after 5 seconds.

Attached File  RDPODCASTone__B_.mp3 (5.56MB)
Number of downloads: 67
Download Advertising By Adf.ly - Elite Members don't have to view these ads!
Please use caution when clicking on advertiser links. To download your file, click Skip at the top right after 5 seconds.

#2 User is offline   JoeFromGeekzMultimedia 

• Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Voice Over Talent

Posted January 08, 2011 - 1:25 PM

I agree about all the dj drops, everyone wants, YOUR IN THE MIX WITH YADA YADA, the last on air liner i had was--- (Lil joe, 7th Prince, and D-ron--- The proof that alcohol and sex really dont mix, you listening to ground zero in the afternoon.) grated that was like 5 years ago but see now that has some originality to it, LOL not the same thing everyone else wants. maybe we should develop a creativity section for people to write liners for people, cause every station having the same thing is making every station the same, same music, same drops. where is the station uniqueness.

Joe

#3 User is offline   TheFiend 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Licensed Broadcast Station
  • Call Letters:Coast FM & 1116 6MM

Posted January 11, 2011 - 6:34 PM

Pottsie - interesting idea's in the Podcast - up until yesterday I was actually considering stopping my Radio Daddy account and concentrating on my writing, however, I think that you bring up some extremly valid points here in your podcast.
Firstly though, I have considered becoming a paid member of the site, as I have been a member now for a couple of years, but now that I have shifted out of production and into copy - I was evaluating how much I was going to use the site before commiting hard earned cash to it. (I will say that my Radio Copywriting 101 mini-course actually convinced my management to allow me to swap positions - Yay - thanks RD).
A couple of points from the podcast ...
1. I like the fact it is unscripted and natural, more of an informal chat rather than a structed podcast. Well done.
2. The change of the RD website - that sounds AWSOME! and I think that, for that reason alone - I will hang about, but should I wait until it happens and pay then, or will subscriptions flow through to the new site look?
3. I totally agree about DJ drops - and I have to say that one of the reasons I was looking to getting out of the site, I was getting sick of wading through hundreds of drop requests, paid donations and other things that seemed to get in the way of what the site is actually about - but that may just be me.
4. As far as the site making money, and if you continue to do the donations, etc - then I would like to suggest something like an e'bay 10% of each donation to cover the costs - so all donations would have to be centralised and then divied up to each VO artist.
5. Don't hold the cardboard up - we know you have a golden voice - and honestly, his voice is impressive, but how long after the glow of internet glory will he be around for?

Keep up the good work - can't wait until the next one.

#4 User is offline   GunRights 

Posted February 02, 2011 - 7:32 PM

Pottsie,

Question is there an RSS feed for this "podcast". Is it available in iTunes or Zune Marketplace?

"Rambling" I know how it is I do quite a bit in my podcast. Actually it's probably the whole podcast :)

I'd really like to see maybe some guests that could talk about the ins and outs of how to request audio spots, commercials, liners, sweeps. Maybe the effective way of using them and maybe how to pick the right talent goes with your show. Maybe a lot of inside baseball type stuff but also stuff that would help new people that come to radiodaddy.

#5 User is offline   GunRights 

Posted February 02, 2011 - 7:52 PM

What's a Dj Drop?

Radio Daddy needs a Blog! Good WordPress site with a paid section with premium content, written and audio. Could help generate some income plus a small amount of advertising also.

Our network has nearly 50 domain names and podcasters all over the country. We've been doing this for a few years.

If done right to your podcasts could be a great way of raising revenues and exposure. A lot of podcaster's listen to podcasts also and it's a great way of bringing in new podcaster's that then will sign up for a membership. But to be successful in podcasting it has to be available on iTunes and Zune marketplace to get the exposure.

#6 User is offline   BEARlyThere 

• Class:Internet Station
  • Call Letters:BEAR's Tracks Radio

Posted February 03, 2011 - 6:31 AM

I miss the Retro Lunch show! :sad:

...okay, now that I have that out of my system...

First - I'm glad the podcasts are back. I'm looking forward to picking up all the tips and information I can from them.

Second - (and I'm sure this has been discussed before) I have never understood why the site itself is free to use.

[RANT]

I get the concept of free V/O's and production work and the artists here honing their skills and the possible business benefits of helping out those who wouldn't normally have access to such an amazing pool of talent.

I get the option of being able to offer donations to have the aforementioned talent do work for you that would normally cost 10's if not 100's of dollars.

I get free membership for V/O and production artists.

But people like me who have nothing to offer in the way of V/O or production talent SHOULD PAY for membership to RadioDaddy to have access to these services - period!

I don't know the math and I don't want to know the math. I'm sure the RD staff have discussed this and worked it out but in my humble opinion there shouldn't be an option to be a free member other than to look around and see what a truly amazing site this is before I plunk down my 6 bucks a month to gain the privilege of posting my requests.

I personally never give a second thought to "upgrading" my membership here. Again, I'm sure the RD staff has kicked around the numbers but would it really be prohibitive to require a paid membership in order to maintain the site? Wouldn't one of the possible side benefits be a kind of built in auto-sort to weed out the weenies making the day-to-day operation of RD not only easier but self-sustaining?

I want RadioDaddy to be around a long long time - for purely selfish reasons of course :tongue: - and for me, $6 a month (the cost of two energy drinks up here in Canadia) is more than worth it. I'd like to think more members feel the same way.

[/RANT]

...did I mention I miss the Retro Lunch show?

:cool:

*Edit - I should really proof-read before hitting the post button.

This post has been edited by BEARlyThere: February 03, 2011 - 6:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse