• You cannot reply to this topic

Microphone Control

#1 User is offline   wolfmanradio 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Internet Station

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi there I have a fairly basic setup for my radio station and have a dilemma. I have an Alesis mic and use virtual dj to live broadcast. What I am searching for is a software app in the form of a big mic on/off button, like they have on the iphone app, microphone control. The basic windows volume/mute slider is not what i want - i need something more prominent, as I forget to turn my mic off sometimes when broadcaasting, so all the burps and farts are live on air!!! Does the software exist? Am trying power mixer at mo, but the control is same as windows one. Cheers

#2 User is offline   Firkhamhall 

• Group: Members

Posted December 13, 2011 - 6:19 PM

Hi, I don't know virtual DJ but, does it have shortcut keys on the keyboard? If it does, then you can use Keyjoy (free software there are other emulators) to emulate the keystrokes with a joystick. Then you take the joystick apart and make whatever switch you want to be PTT.

That way, as long as you have a finger on the button, the mic is open, as soon as you let go, it cuts off. You simply can't forget. It also means you can use your other hand, leaving whichever hand you use the mouse with free.

I don't know if I am allowed to link to my Youtube video but it shows what I mean but I am using SAM not Vitual DJ.

Scanner.

#3 User is offline   TheParty 

• Group: +Elite 2W
  • Call Letters:THE PARTY.FM

Posted May 29, 2015 - 11:44 PM

Try Sam broadcaster Pro its amazing!!! Its a little pricey like $299 but wait til they run a sale like I did I got it on Black Friday for 50% off! Anyways it has an amazing DJ deck layout, a voice Fx for the mic. the sweet thing is it has keyboard shortcuts. I personally use XKEYS programmable keyboard for my studio/station controller. I have it programmed where it will light up and flash red led behind the entire keyboard when mic is hot, also sam has an on the air light on the dashboard that lights up red. Last I just ordered a punch light solo for $129 and with a small file they sent me works with sam along with other programs and lights up red when mic is hot.

hope this helps pm if u have any more questions.

PS Im going to build an ON THE AIR light box for my station Monday when I get the punch light solo, I cant wait!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse