RadioDaddy.com: Not Too Encouraged To Do Free Work Anymore.. - RadioDaddy.com

General Discussion Rules

This is not a voice request forum. Any member posting a voice request in here will be suspended.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not Too Encouraged To Do Free Work Anymore..

#1 User is offline   Ray Gauthier 

• Active Poster
  • Group: VoicePro
  • Class:Voice Over Talent
  • Call Letters:backtothe80s.ca

Posted March 07, 2012 - 9:46 AM

Hi everyone, I have experienced on numerous occasions that people who request work on here for free or even sometimes paid just don't like to rep when they receive the work. You take the time to provide them with something they are looking for thats free, or at a ridiculous low price and you have to constantly remind them to rep. I don't bother reminding them anymore, I am just thinking twice about doing anymore work on here for anyone unless I know them. Years ago this was a problem on here and unfortunately it's still an issue. It would be nice to have a system added that you can leave a comment thats permanent, not just a negative rep about them, but the reason why they were given a negative rep.

Reps have never been a major thing to me, but it is a nice way of telling someone. "Thank you" and it is your reputation on here.

Just a thought....

Ray

#2 User is offline   MarieK 

• Junkie
  • Group: Lead Moderators

Posted March 07, 2012 - 2:12 PM

Yes Ray, I hear you....it is the same when I remind them of the rules and they feel the need to ream me because according to them I am being BOSSY...I think tho, sometimes they just don't read the rules, nor do listen when someone points it out, they just want their free work, and not consider the feelings of those doing it for them...perhaps a problem with being an internet site....anonymity....but I do appreciate all your work, for what it is worth, and all those who provide FREE work first, before going on to submit to donation work. Sometimes we just have to remember there is a human being here behind the screen.

Thanks to all who have stuck with it...Ray I hope you will reconsider, we do love having you here!

#3 User is offline   Ray Gauthier 

• Active Poster
  • Call Letters:backtothe80s.ca

Posted March 07, 2012 - 4:20 PM

Thanks Marie, I appreciate that.. :)

#4 User is offline   pit 

• Group: Members
  • Class:Licensed Broadcast Station

Posted July 09, 2012 - 7:05 PM

OK i see all the hard work you voice-over go through, i appreciate all the hard work you provide for this site.

#5 User is offline   pit 

Posted July 09, 2012 - 7:05 PM

OK i see all the hard work you voice-over go through, i appreciate all the hard work you provide for this site.

#6 User is offline   DaveCurrie 

• Junkie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Call Letters:CHES 88.1FM

Posted July 11, 2012 - 8:08 AM

Completely agree with you Ray. Many people don't realize how much work and time we put into creating liners, dj drops, commercials, promo's etc...

I try to balance out the work I do for those donating money and those that are asking for free work. It would certainly be nice to have people just simply say "thank you". And hitting that little green button for a plus rep always puts a smile on one's face as well.

Cheers, ~ Dave. :mf_bond:

#7 User is offline   Voice4You 

• Junkie

Posted July 11, 2012 - 10:47 AM

And that is honestly one of the reasons why I did not renew my Elite Subscription. While RD has opened up a couple of doors for me, the lack of respect for the rules here, has me looking elsewhere for opportunities. Too many people with this `Gimme gimme gimme' hand-out attitude. Is it really that difficult to say thanks...even if they HATED the attempt?!

#8 User is offline   Sound Lizard 

• Get on my level!
  • Group: Global Moderator
  • Call Letters:You sound good. We'll make you sound better.

Posted July 11, 2012 - 11:16 AM

Its happening more and more. People used to be fairly good about the reps, and even donations were better in the past. I earned over 1500 rep points in my first year here at RD, and only 360 since then. Weird part is, i done 10 times more stuff in the last 2 years than i did on my first. Good example is the package we just gave away. 300 elements for free. Received 2 points of rep, no donations, no reviews on the site, not so much as a thank you. I guarantee, thatll be the last free package i ever offer.

#9 User is offline   DaveCurrie 

• Junkie
  • Call Letters:CHES 88.1FM

Posted July 12, 2012 - 7:53 AM

I hope not Bruce, because I for one do really appreciate the effort and time you put into your work. I do feel your pain though my friend. And completely understand where the frustration comes from. There's just too many ignorant little "gits" out there these days that thinks the world owes them a favor! Of course they're the ones who will end up slinging fries at McD's for a living!

Cheers, ~ Dave. :mf_bond:

#10 User is offline   FastRadioNetwork 

Posted July 12, 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'll have to agree

#11 User is offline   deejayboom 

• Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Call Letters:You like, you rep,dont be shy.......

Posted July 30, 2012 - 10:56 AM

Lads I would have to agree in full with comments made in this post and as I dont do voiceovers I am eternally greatful to the people who take time out of their own schedules to post voice clips when I ask and I always say thank you. I would be very surprised if you could find a post on rd that I havent said thank you be it for voicework or samples.

Its just a point that I feel strong about that if someone takes the time and effort to respond for free or paid its a simple thing to say thank you and to add a rep. Very small thing. All the voiceover artists do great work on here and I would be lost without them as I am only good at the production side of things so without the voice I probably wouldnt be on rd so thank you lads and ladies.

It must be frustrating though to reply to a post with a vo clip and people just take it and go on there way. Dave that started this post has been on rd a long time and many a time I have seen posts by him that he has done for people. Not just him, others on here reply a lot as well and its not just a quick response from a mic in a laptop, these guys have full professional setup that you would pay top dollar if you were asking for voice work not on radiodaddy and they are doing them for free.

Should be some kind of system in place that people cannot download the clip that is voiced or produced for them without thanking and repping the person that made it. I have often done production for people and got nothing back but thankfull slowly but surely I am building a small few friends on this who help with me with the voice and I return the favour with production.

To sum up it is a disgrace and very disheartening to do work for someone and not even get a response. People that respond should not be allowed post for a certain amount of time. The way it is going will make a lot of vo artists not visit rd anymore as the simple thing of saying thak you and a rep was payment enough for them but not anymore and understandably so.

Its the same as the one request per post rule if you ask me. I didnt agree with it at first but when I actually thought about it its a great idea as it limits what people can ask for so stops people asking for endless requests. I myself am always asked by friends to try and get vo work for them and if I have to wait I have to wait, thats just the way it is..

I also think there should be some kind of like button like facebook so that people can click like on a post or on a vo or on a production part just to say if they like it and maybe leave a comment which I believe again would let people their own small network on rd to do bits for and in return the others would do bits for them so that people would know then who the people are who dont say thanks and dont rep.

Also sorry if I am mistaken but some sort of chatroom or forum type thing could be setup in here so that everyone could log in and chat about things radio. I apologise if this exists already on rd as I am thinking it might but if not maybe it would be an option because again people could chat and know who the non reppers are and just not respond to these people as if they dont the message will soon be made clear that they get no response if they dont rep and thank. Just a thought..

Anyway for now rant is over but once again thanks to anyone who has helped me on rd.....

MR BOOM(JAMIE)

#12 User is offline   DarrenDeans 

• Active Poster
  • Call Letters:http://www.darrendeans.com/

Posted August 24, 2012 - 4:53 AM

Hello Ray, I agree with your comments 100%

I am happy to help and a number of people have taken the time to send a note back to say thank you and how very pleased they are with the help.

However, the number of people who just don't reply at all or rep is high, I would not mind if they said it was not right or what they were looking for.

All the best,
Darren

#13 User is offline   bigphilldj 

• Call Letters:BIG-PHILL

Posted August 25, 2012 - 2:30 AM

its a shame some people dont rep i always rep after my free work was complete its a way of saying thank you!! oh and ive just reped all above comments thanks guys/ladys for all your ard work :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse