• You cannot reply to this topic

Dont Call 1800 Anouncement if possible with an american accent

#1 User is offline   pob13 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Class:Internet Station

Posted June 10, 2012 - 6:50 AM

I would be grateful if someone could come up with an announcement for an internet station that carries shows from the U.S. and from England, that sometimes include their own sponsors adverts in them. What I want is something that can make listeners aware that phone numbers given may not work in their country. As an example I know in the USA free phone numbers are 1800 numbers, in England 18001, 18002 and 18000 are meant to be used by deaf people or to call deaf people via a relay service. 18000 is also the equivalent of calling the emergency services, and is the default number if the last 5th digit is not a 1 or a 0. There are a lot of people who call this service saying they have got a free phone number on the internet etc, and they didn't know it doesn't work in the UK.

With that in mind could someone make the following, maybe with a few phone tones and effects in the background.

If you hear an advert with a phone number, during one of the great shows here on Shellie's Cards Radio, please make sure it is the right one for your country. For example, 1-800 numbers are not for use in the UK, unless you are calling via the Text Relay Service, for deaf and hard of hearing people. You could connect to the emergency services for deaf people, which in the UK is 18000.

So remember, please make sure the number is valid in your country before calling, otherwise you could end up with a large phone bill, or being connected to someone you did not want to.

This also applies for text numbers.

(It may be best to say 1-800 as the traditional one eight hundred to make sure the message is clearly understood, and also the 18000 deaf persons emergency service is said as one eight triple zero)

Thanks, and rep will of course be given to anyone that can help

#2 User is offline   BrianKelly 

• Class:Licensed Broadcast Station
  • Call Letters:104.7 WKKY FM

Posted June 19, 2012 - 9:53 AM

here is my take. If you need something adjusted please just let me know. or if you plan to use it. Just my curosity.
Thanks
Brian Kelly

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   pob13 

• Active Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Class:Internet Station

Posted June 19, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Thanks Brian that sounds exactly how I wanted it, and I will definitely be using it between some of the shows on our station

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2004-2012 RadioDaddy.com
All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Report Abuse